As the school year comes to a close, we all know that doesn’t mean our busy schedules and endless activities do, too! At Shawnee Mission Health (SMH), we take pride in our local communities. One way we show our support is participating in events that share our same family-centered values. As you build your summer calendar with fun activities for the whole family, we hope to see you!
- Prairie Village Art Fair – May 30-June 1
- Kansas City Heart Walk – Saturday, May 31
- Jazz in the Woods – June 20-21
- Downtown Overland Park Farmer’s Market – Saturdays (April-November), 6:30 a.m.-1 p.m. and Wednesdays (May-September), 7:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Deanna Rose Farmstead – Various dates throughout the summer and fall.
- Theatre in the Park (Shawnee Mission Park) – Various dates throughout the summer
- KU Kickoff Event in Corinth Square – August
As a not-for-profit community health care network, SMH plays a vital role in the community by reinvesting nearly a half-million dollars back into the Kansas City area each year. SMH supports the community in a variety of ways through social, educational and civic organizations that share the same mission, vision and values.
In 2013, SMH supported numerous agencies and organizations, including the Shawnee Mission and Blue Valley School Districts, and nearly all Johnson County Chambers of Commerce and economic development organizations. SMH has also partnered with several community organizations that share the same family-centric values including 3&2 Baseball, Overland Park Arts and Recreation Foundation, Johnson County Parks & Recreation and more.
For more information about Shawnee Mission Health, visit www.ShawneeMission.org or call the ASK-A-NURSE Resource Center at 913-676-7777.