Will it be hot this weekend? The chances are strong. To quite strong.
But in my opinion the best way to combat the heat is to attack it head-on. Which is why you should tear yourself from the cool comfort of your air-conditioned homes to check out these events this weekend:
Friday, July 23:
- Gus Acoustic plays on the patio at BRGR from 9 p.m. to midnight (no admission cost)
- The Grisly Hand and Echo of the Elms play on the lawn of the Nerman Museum at JCCC at 8:30 (no admission cost)
Saturday, July 24:
- The Wideonwood French Market under the clocktown at the Village Shops starts at 8:30 a.m.
Sunday, July 25:
- The city of Fairway will host the Wiseguys, who play “smokin’ rhythm and blue and rock n’ roll, at Peterson Park from 6 to 8 p.m.
- The Prairie Village pool will host the 51st annual Water Show performance by the local synchronized swimming team at 8:30 p.m. This year’s theme is “Aqua Theatre” and will feature music from popular musicals.
The Johnson County Library has recognized two local residents for their volunteer service to the system —three times over. Joan Berkley of Mission Hills
After two years of construction, the new Highlands School is set to open in just a few weeks — and the students who will
The city of Fairway has closed southbound traffic on Mission Road from 53rd Street to Shawnee Mission Parkway today for road repairs necessitated by
The city of Fairway announced this morning that the Native American flute concert scheduled for 7 p.m. tonight at Shawnee Indian Mission will be
The Prairie Village city council on Monday voted unanimously to give Millicent Seested, the elderly woman who owns 7925 Reinhardt Lane, two more weeks
Obviously we won’t be naming our final winners in the “Great Prairie Villagian Block Party Contest” until the block party season has come to
We’ll be honest: we’ve been a bit underwhelmed by the response to the announcement of our “Great Prairie Villagian Block Party Contest.” In fact,
The sweet-toothed pastry chefs at Dolce Baking Company are hosting one of their tri-annual cobbler nights. There was cherry. There was peach blueberry. There
Representatives of the Johnson County Bike Club have met with the Prairie Village Police a year after the department began cracking down on riders
Sam Dodge graduated from Shawnee Mission East in May 2005. By December, he was in Iraq. The Prairie Village native spent a year in
It seems that almost everywhere you turn these days, someone is talking about the need to cut back government spending, tighten state budgets and
Opening an frozen yogurt shop where you can serve yourself as much as you want the hottest week of the year? Good timing. Local