The summer events are in full swing this weekend in Shawnee Mission:
- Beginning tonight and for every Thursday in June Corinth Square is hosting a Pup Crawl. Bring your pups and your people for a summer stroll and enjoy family fun, patio dining, live music, face painting, merchant specials and more! Select stores will be open late and hosting specials.
- Tonight marks the start of Town Center’s Sunset Music Fest. This free family concert series includes a kids area with inflatables, face painting, and more along with food and beverage sales from Hereford House benefit JDRF. Bring your blankets and chairs to listen to The Romantics and support a good cause.
- There’s an awful lot happening at Deanna Rose Children’s Farmstead this weekend, when admission is free.
- Any day this weekend head on over to Theatre in the Park for Disney’s The Little Mermaid. Bring a picnic and prepare to be swept up in the magic of this classic tale of love for all ages.
- On Saturday hoof it over to Black Hoof Park in Lenexa for a morning of fun activities. This event is held in conjunction with National Get Outdoors Day, which encourages people to seek out healthy, active outdoor lives and embrace our parks, forests and other public lands and waters.
The Lenexa City Council approved Omaha-based construction and engineering company Kiewit Corp.’s requested public finance incentives for the planned $50 million regional-headquarters project in
City code revisions in Mission, pending council approval, could allow owners of old signs to keep them — for history’s sake. After more than
Sparked by social studies lesson at SM South, Chase Horner helps raise $4,500 for drought stricken school in South Africa
Rising SM South sophomore Chase Horner was in social studies class this past winter when teacher Joseph Laurenzo began discussing the water crisis being
Briefly noted: Yoder back from fact-finding trip to U.S.-Mexico border; Kansas says measles outbreak is no more
Yoder calls for 100 miles or more of new border wall in Rio Grande Valley area. Rep. Kevin Yoder spent two days on the
The company looking to put housing and commercial developments on the last substantial piece of vacant land inside the I-435 loop in Johnson County
A recent report from Kansas Appleseed, a nonprofit organization focused on issues including childhood hunger and foster care, highlighted the Shawnee Mission School District’s
Mission is seeking volunteers to help keep city streets clean. The new Adopt-A-Street program enables private businesses, neighborhood associations, community and civic organizations and
Republican gubernatorial candidate Ken Selzer prides himself on applying a business manager’s eye to state government. After coming into office as Kansas’s Insurance Commissioner
Overland Park should be able to keep its mill levy at 13.565 for the 2019 budget, said City Manager Bill Ebel as he presented