Those leaves in can wait to be raked for a few days — there’s too much good stuff going on this weekend to waste any time on yardwork.
Friday, Oct. 29
- Benefit concert for Walker family: Check out some live music from Rock Band Academy in the Mission Valley multipurpose room, and help raise funds for the Walkers, whose Leawood home was destroyed by a fire early last Sunday. 3:45-5:30 p.m.
- SM East football: Will it be chilly? Yes. But being on hand when the Lancers secure a share of their first Sunflower League title in more than forty years will warm the cockles of your heart. The Lancers face SM South in their final regular season game of the year at SM South stadium. 7 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 30
- Trick or Treat Trot 5K: A fast, flat course and a crisp fall morning should make for a good race. And the likely presence of runners in Halloween costume just adds to the appeal. The start is at Corinth Square at 8 a.m. Find out more here.
- Calico Critter Day at The Learning Tree (Corinth Square). Visit with Miss Fisher Cat who’ll be handing out Halloween treats. There will be a Halloween story and crafts, with kids making skeletons out of Q-tips. 10:30 a.m. – noon.
- Johnny’s Tavern Halloween Bash: Get a jumpstart on your Halloween hobnobbing at Johnny’s annual Halloween bash, featuring live music by RECESS and a costume contest. The party starts at 8 p.m., with music going on at 9. Find out more here.
Sunday, Oct. 31
- Trick or Treating at The Village Shops: Got little ones? This safe, family-friendly trick-or-treating destination is the perfect place for toddlers and up to show off their costumes. Merchants will have their doors open to costumed kids from 3 to 5 p.m. (Note that there won’t be center-wide trick-or-treating at Corinth Square this year because many of the vendors will be closed.)