The filing deadline is in the rearview, which means the primary campaign season is in full swing.
As we do each election cycle, we’ll be developing questionnaires for the candidates in local races — from the municipal election in Prairie Village to state house races across the Shawnee Mission area to the Kansas 3rd Congressional district race.
Here are the primary races we’ll be developing questionnaires for:
- Kansas House District 17 (Republicans Tom Cox and Jim Eschrich)
- Kansas House District 18 (Democrats Cindy Neighbor and Andy Hurla; and Republicans Eric Jenkins and Cathy Gordon)
- Kansas House District 29 (Republicans Peggy Galvin and James Todd)
- Kansas House District 30 (Democrats Matt Calcara and Brandon Woodard; and Republicans Colleen Webster and Wendy Bingesser)
- Kansas 3rd Congressional District (Democrats Sharice Davids, Tom Niermann, Mike McCamon, Jay Sidie, Sylvia Williams and Brent Welder; and Republicans Trevor Keegan, Joe Myers and Kevin Yoder)
- Prairie Village mayor (Eric Mikkelson, Serena Schermoly and Andrew Wang)
- State Board of Education District 3 (Ruth Goff, Jason Winbolt and Michelle Dombrosky)
We’ll be developing our candidate questionnaires based on reader input. What issues do you want to hear the candidates in these races address?
Two current members and one former member of the Prairie Village City Council are vying to replace outgoing Mayor Laura Wassmer as the city’s
Republican gubernatorial candidate Ken Selzer prides himself on applying a business manager’s eye to state government. After coming into office as Kansas’s Insurance Commissioner
Six candidates seeking the Democratic nomination for the Kansas Third Congressional District seat in the U.S. House of Representatives gave their take on the
The field of candidates seeking to replace outgoing Prairie Village Mayor Laura Wassmer has grown to three. Andrew Wang, who has represented Ward 3
With just two days to go ahead of the filing deadline for this year’s elections, the roster of candidates seeking local seats in the
Shawnee city councilman Eric Jenkins announced Tuesday that he will run again for the District 18 seat in the House of Representatives currently occupied
Over protest from competitor who says county may be overspending, Johnson County board awards $10.5 million contract to ES&S for new voting machines
Three years after the request for proposal went out — but just a week after the contract was available for public review — the
Roeland Park city councilwoman Becky Fast today announced she was running for the District 1 seat on the Johnson County Board of County Commissioners
Election integrity advocates raise serious concerns about ExpressVote machines Johnson County commission will vote on Thursday
Can you read barcodes? If the answer is no, that “voter verifiable paper audit trail” produced by the new machines recommended for purchase by
Election commissioner recommends purchase of 2,100 new machines that produce ‘verifiable paper vote record’
Johnson County Election Commissioner Ronnie Metsker on Thursday presented the board of county commissioners with a recommendation to purchase 2,100 new ExpressVote voting machines