The 10th District Judicial Nominations Commission has announced the candidates who will soon be interviewed for three new judge positions on the Johnson County District Court.
Why it matters: These three judges will be the first additions to the Johnson County District Court since 2007.
- Funding by this year’s state budget, the three new positions are among nearly two dozen new district and magistrate judge positions across the state. The state budget also gives state employees five percent pay raise.
- The court currently has 19 district judges, and since the last time a judge was added to the court in 2007, Johnson County’s population has grown by more than 86,000 people.
All interviews will take place at the Johnson County Courthouse at 150 W. Santa Fe St. in Olathe. Interviews will be open to the public.
Here’s who will be interviewed for the positions next week, and when.
- Jenifer Ashford: Current magistrate judge in the 10th Judicial District (Johnson County)
- Ashlyn Yarnell: Senior associate attorney with Lenexa firm Ronald W. Nelson
- Trevin Wray: Shareholder with Overland Park firm Simpson, Logback, Lynch, Norris
- Joann Woltman: Case smart counsel with Littler Mendelson Kansas City office
- Gary Willnauer: Partner with Morrow Willnauer Church
- Jerry Wallentine: Owner and attorney with Olathe firm Martin & Wallentine
- Catherine Triplett: Owner and attorney with Triplett Law Firm in Shawnee
- Curtis Tideman: Attorney with Overland Park branch of Lathrop GPM
- Catherine Singer: Shareholder with Kansas City firm GM Law
- Katherine Sinatra: General counsel with eMoney USA Holdings in Leawood
- Curtis Sample: Owner and attorney with the Law Office of Curtis M. Sample in Olathe
- Tel Parrett: Owner and attorney with Law Offices of Tel Parrett in Olathe
- William Meyer: Senior attorney with Kansas City firm South Law
- Elizabeth Mellor: Owner and attorney with the Law Office of Elizabeth Mellor in Kansas City
- John McEntee Jr.: Senior trial attorney with Kansas City office for Nationwide Insurance
- Michael McCulloch: Chief public defender for the 10th Judicial District Public Defender Office
- Benjamin Long: Member attorney with Olathe firm Schlagel Long Rivera
- Christopher Kopecky: Owner and attorney with Kansas City firm Kopecky Law
- Jadh Kerr: Partner with Olathe firm Speer and Holiday
- Brian Jenkins: Owner and attorney with Shawnee firm Jenkins Law Stephanie Goodenow: Owner and attorney with Lenexa firm Goodenow Law
- Cynthia Cornwell: Municipal judge for the city of Overland Park
- Michelle Carter-Gouge: Senior counsel with CVS Health Corp.
- Kevin Breer: Owner and attorney with Breer Law Firm in Westwood
- Stefanie Benson-Hebberd: Attorney with Jerold A. Bressel offices in Overland Park
- Phillip Ashley: Special counsel for Bates Carey
- Jason Billam: Owner and attorney with Billam & Henderson in Overland Park