Happy Monday! Kyle here, helping you get your week started off right in Johnson County.
Forecast: ☀️ High: 79, Low: 58. It’s going to be a fairly perfect spring day, mostly sunny with calm winds.
- The Royals are back in town and start an 8-game home stand tonight at Kauffman Stadium against AL Central rival the Chicago White Sox. First pitch tonight is 7:10 p.m. Tickets start at $9.
- The Prairie Village City Council meets tonight at 6 p.m. and will review a plan for repairs at the city pool and also consider entering an agreement to do a traffic study along a stretch of Nall Avenue between 67th and 75th streets.
- The Roeland Park City Council meets at 6 p.m. tonight and will vote on whether to approve new playground equipment for the next phase of work at R Park.
- The Shawnee Planning Commission also is set to meet tonight at 7:30 p.m.
- Shawnee native Ross Acree is one of three University of Kansas students to receive prestigious Fulbright awards this year. Acree, a 2021 KU graduate with a degree in global and international studies, was selected for a Fulbright English Teaching Assistantship in Taiwan. [KU News]
- The Johnson County Board of County Commissioners has approved allocating roughly $1.2 million to purchase new vehicles for the county’s paratransit service for individuals with disabilities and mobility issues. The new vehicles will replace old ones determined to be beyond their useful life and will be purchased mostly with funds from a federal grant. [Fox 4]
- Olathe Police are asking for the public’s help investigating the city’s first homicide of 2022. Police say a 19-year-old man was found dead with multiple gunshot wounds early Saturday morning at Black Bob Park. [Kansas City Star]