Hello, everyone! It’s Nikki welcoming you to a new Friday in Johnson County.
Forecast: ☀️ High: 28, Low: 22. Sunny with light winds in the morning.
- We made it to round two of the playoffs! The Chiefs will take on the Buffalo Bills at Arrowhead Stadium Sunday in the Divisional Round of the NFL playoffs. Kickoff is 5:30 p.m. with the game airing on CBS.
- College basketball is also on tap this weekend.
- KU will play at K-State Saturday in the first Sunflower Showdown this season. The game tips at 3:00 p.m. and will stream on ESPN+.
- Mizzou goes on the road at Alabama Saturday. That game starts at 5 p.m. and will air on ESPN’s SEC Network.
- Kansas City Restaurant Week is coming to a close this Sunday, so get your final orders in! Click here to lean more about some of the Johnson County restaurants that are participating.
- Check out the calendar for Midwest Trust Center at Johnson County Community College. Three performances are happening this weekend, including a kids jam series about dinosaurs on Saturday and two musical concerts Sunday.
There are no public meetings scheduled today.
- KC-based Cosmo Burger announced its tentative plan to open in the Lenexa Public Market on May 1. This will be the second location for the restaurant, which began operating as a kitchen out of Dodson’s Bar and Commons in Waldo in 2020.
- The Olathe School District had its first day back in classes Thursday after an extended holiday weekend due to COVID-related shortages. Around 250 substitutes were still called in and 50 staff position remained open. [KSHB]
- Shawnee Mission East girls’ basketball player Abigail Long was named KSHB 41/Hy-Vee Athlete of the Week. The point guard is one of the top scorers in the Sunflower League at 17.5 points per game. [KSHB]