The first-ever Mission Restaurant Week went off without a hitch in March, and it was such a success that organizers at the Mission Business District have brought it back just seven months later.
A second Mission Restaurant Week is happening now until Oct. 31.
Jenny Pugh, Mission Business District president, said the week-long event, which began Monday, Oct. 25, is yet another effort to support local businesses amid the ongoing challenges created by the COVID-19 pandemic.
After March’s inaugural event, Pugh said the Mission Business District received messages from both customers and business enquiring about another restaurant week. She said organizing a second Mission Restaurant Week was “a no brainer.”
“[In March] our Mission restaurants were flooded by a community with grumbling stomachs and an urgency to help out these small shops that had really faced the worst of it during the pandemic,” Pugh said. “Many of the participants made a month’s worth of sales in that one week, so it helped them immensely.”
Below is a look at the restaurants in downtown Mission participating in this latest iteration of Mission Restaurant Week, including some specials each place is offering:
- Sandhills Brewing is serving a special restaurant week flight featuring four flagship beers from Wednesday to Sunday.
- Ad Astra Market is offering a free cookie with a sandwich purchase.
- Salsa Grill Cantina is offering 20% off for a restaurant week special, dine-in only.
- Toppers Pizza, the 6027 Metcalf Avenue location, is offering 50% off all orders through Oct. 31 for those who leave a Google review online.
- WingStand by Jefferson’s, one of the city’s newest restaurants, is offering a $5 sandwich with any purchase. The deal is for dine-in and online orders with the code MISSION5.
- Urban Prairie Coffee is offering waffles this week.
- Longboards is offering a restaurant week special, as well.
- Other participating restaurants are Foggi Ice Cream, Estrella Azul, The Corner Lalo’s Kitchen, Sully’s Pub and Brian’s Bakery and Eatery, according to Mission Business District’s flyer.