The Shawnee Mission Post is hiring an Audience Engagement Editor to ensure our coverage of Johnson County reaches the people who will value it most. The new staff member will be charged with leading the organization to the next level in its use of social media.
The Audience Engagement Editor will manage planning and execution for our off-platform channels, including Instagram, Facebook and Twitter; and will work with the editorial staff to optimize on-site content for maximum reach with the goal of expanding our readership.
Key capabilities include:
- strong written and visual storytelling skills
- excellent news instincts
- experience using social media to reach and engage with distinct audiences
- experience using search engine optimization tactics to improve content performance
- At least two years experience working for a news organization
- At least two years working with social media in a professional capacity
- The ability to produce professional copy, photos and video for use across platforms
- Demonstrated critical thinking and strategic planning skills
The Shawnee Mission Post is a fully remote organization. This position will be based in the Kansas City metropolitan area. The Audience Engagement Editor will report to the Editor in Chief. The Shawnee Mission Post is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. BIPOC candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by April 15.