The Merriam City Council Monday evening heard an update on the city’s 2021 mill and overlay and sidewalk maintenance programs.
Why it matters: Residents on several Merriam streets can expect to see improvements to street pavement or sidewalks in 2021. Merriam is working with Affinis Corp., a civil engineering firm, on a $2 million bid package that includes improvements to E. Frontage Road along with other street and sidewalk programs.
The following streets and sidewalks have been identified for potential repairs:
Pavement repairs (mill and overlay program)
- Goodman Street, from north city limits to Johnson Drive
- 55th Terrace, from Goodman Street to Lowell Street
- 55th Street, from Antioch Road to Hadley Street
- 51st Terrace and 51st Place, both west of Knox
- Perry Lane, south of 51st Street
- Craig Street, from Shawnee Mission Parkway to 61st Street
- 60th Street, from Mastin Street to Campbell Street
- 60th Terrace, from Mastin Street to 60th Street
- 61st Street, from Mastin Street to Campbell Park
- Knox Street, from Johnson Drive to 61st Street
What’s next: City staff will continue working with Affinis to finalize a bid package for the three projects. Once a package is finalized, it will come before the city council for formal approval.