Join us as we kick off the holiday season with the Overland Park Mayor’s Holiday Festival on Friday, November 19. This FREE community event will be held throughout the Downtown Overland Park area with Bryan Busby from KMBC 9 News serving as Master of Ceremonies at Thompson Park!
Schedule of Events:
5:30 pm: Program at Thompson Park Stage, including special holiday performances and Mayor Gerlach’s presentation of a check to local nonprofit, Safehome.
6: Official Tree Lighting
6-8: Shop and stroll Downtown OP for holiday stations and events
Free Festival Activities Include:
- Santa Claus – Carriage House (Thompson Park)
- Live Reindeer – Carriage House (Thompson Park)
- Snow Princesses – Overland Park Historical Society (80th and Santa Fe)
- InstaFun KC Photobooth Camper – 79th and Santa Fe Drive
- Balloon Artist – Clock Tower Plaza
- Inflatable Snow Globe Photo Booth – 80th and Santa Fe
- Children’s Train Ride – Clock Tower Plaza
- Family Hayride – Loads at the Clock Tower Plaza
- Carolers – Strolling between Thompson Park and Santa Fe Drive
- The Grinch – Strolling between Thompson Park and Santa Fe Drive
- Extended business hours in DOP
- Makers’ Market with Strawberry Swing
- The Cotton Candy Man – Located near Clock Tower Plaza
Holiday Festival Fund
This year, Mayor Gerlach has selected Safehome to be the 2021 recipient of the Mayor’s Holiday Festival Fund. As the only domestic violence shelter in Johnson County, and the largest in the state of Kansas, Safehome strives to break the cycle of domestic violence and partner abuse for victims and their children in the community.
During the holiday season, consider supporting Safehome’s mission with a donation. Click here to donate online. The check will be presented during the tree lighting ceremony.