We understand that students seek an exceptional education that won’t compromise their financial security. With all the uncertainty in the world right now, it’s a comforting reminder that JCCC awards millions of dollars in scholarships every year to qualified students. When it comes to educational goals, JCCC wants to give every student the opportunity to succeed.
One Application. Hundreds of Scholarships.
JCCC takes the guesswork out of applying for scholarships. No essays. No long-form questions. Students simply fill out one application – the JCCC Scholarship Application – and are immediately eligible for a variety of scholarships based on their qualifications.
To apply, students must meet the following criteria:
- Have a current JCCC application for admission on file.
- Be degree- or certificate-seeking.
- Complete the JCCC Scholarship Application before the April 15 priority deadline (extended for the 2020-21 academic year).
- Incoming high school students must submit their official 7th semester high school, home school or official GED transcript before the priority deadline.
- Incoming transfer students must submit their official, final high school transcript or official college transcript before the priority deadline.
- Recommended: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for need-based scholarships.
Did you know nearly 25 percent of college-bound high school graduates in Johnson County attend JCCC later that fall? For Johnson County students, JCCC offers the CavGuarantee Scholarship, a guaranteed first-year scholarship of $500.
To be eligible for the CavGuarantee, high school and home school students must graduate with a 3.25 or higher unweighted GPA and enroll at JCCC the following fall. They must also register for at least 12 credit hours and be working toward a degree.
STEM Scholars Program
The STEM Scholars Program is funded by a grant from the National Science Foundation and awards scholarships to students pursuing a degree in science, technology, engineering or math (STEM) fields. Students become part of a guided cohort group that includes additional activities such as mentorship and field trips. JCCC STEM Scholars may receive up to $10,000 for one year to cover the cost of tuition, fees, books and other expenses.
Several scholarships are also available for non-traditional students, including those who are changing careers and those who are parents, as well as students pursuing specific degrees.
Scholarships Create Brighter Futures
“Scholarships give students the opportunity to focus on their education and expanding their abilities without a financial burden looming over them,” said Ashley Jost, Financial Aid Coordinator. “JCCC highly encourages every student to apply for scholarships. We have an amazing program! And our team is dedicated to helping students navigate financial aid so they can maximize their opportunities and potential down the road.”
Students who are interested in scholarships for the 2020-21 school year are encouraged to apply by April 15. Explore JCCC Scholarships now and start planning for your tomorrow!