Riverview Elementary teacher Debbie Hallier recognized for contributions to USD 232 students. Debbie Hallier, a teacher at Riverview Elementary, received a Certificate of Appreciation from the USD 232 school board on Feb. 3. Hallier is retiring at the end of the school year. She has been in public education for 29 years, 16 of those with USD 232.
Overland Park Chamber recognizes 8 businesses at annual Economic Development Council Honors Lunch. The Overland Park Chamber EDC recognized three fast-growing companies, four commercial projects, and a business pillar at its 13th annual Honors Lunch on Feb. 6. Descriptions of each of the award recipients are on the chamber’s website and include:
- NOVA Awards for fast-growing companies:
- Play-it Health, a health IT company that uses a mobile platform to help patients understand their prescriptions, track their progress, and manage chronic conditions.
- Safely Delicious, which makes 7 flavors of snacks that are free from the top 11 food allergens
- Veracity Consulting, a consulting company with a mission to bridge the gap between business and technology
- Commercial Development Awards for investment and reinvestment in the city’s economy:
- AdventHealth College Boulevard and AdventHealth South Overland Park
- The Vue, a six-story apartment community in downtown Overland Park
- Bluhawk, Phase I, a 300-acre mixed-use development project with residential, hotel, retail, restaurant and entertainment
- WellSky Corporation and its new world headquarters at CityPlace
- Business Hall of Honor:
Block Real Estate Services, a full-service commercial real estate company managing over 43 million square feet of retail, office, and industrial properties.