School may be starting again, but there’s no reason not to keep enjoying summer. Here’s this weekend’s roundup:
- Head to West Flanders Park in Shawnee on Friday for this week’s installment of their Summer Concert Series featuring 60s band The Rippers. Grab a bite to eat at the Monk’s Roast Beef food truck while you’re there.
- Rewound, Kansas City’s contemporary classical string quartet, comes to the Johnson County Arts and Heritage Center on Friday evening for performance and conversation. Local Music Live is a collaboration between the Johnson County Library and the Johnson County Arts and Heritage Center.
- Bring your dog to Lenexa’s Tails on the Trails Pet Festival on Saturday to browse pet vendors’ booths, participate in the pet talent show, let your pooch plunge into the dog swims and watch demonstrations, all within Ad Astra Pool and Park.
- If you haven’t gotten enough from the Rippers on Friday, they’ll be playing again on Saturday night for cruise night in Merriam. This night of cars and motorcycles features free admittance, door prizes, and food available from Fresh and Tasty Catering.
- Give a mighty roar for Simba and the gang on Saturday night. The City of Westwood will be showing The Lion King in Dennis Park at 8:30pm.