It’s hot out! Stay cool with great indoor and outdoor options for a fun-filled weekend in Northeast Johnson County:
- On Friday evening come to the Johnson County Arts and Heritage Center enjoy Olathe-based hip-hop artist Duncan Burnett for a live performance and conversation about the inspirations behind his positive-vibes-only music. Local Music Live is a collaboration between the Johnson County Library and the Johnson County Arts and Heritage Center.
- On Saturday morning ride the World Cup wave with Sporting Kansas City’s King of the Court 5v5 tournament and Block Party at Town Center. All ages are welcome to play soccer and enjoy music, yard games, skill challenges, food trucks, DJs and more.
- If your little one has a favorite teddy bear make sure to attend the Teddy Bear Picnic at the Lenexa Farmer’s Market on Saturday morning. Teddy bear dances and stretches, singing songs, story time and snacks are all on the agenda.
- On Saturday afternoon learn everything you need to know about getting started on the ukulele. If you’ve ever wanted to learn a musical instrument, the ukulele is a great place to start. Come to this ukulele workshop to learn how to tune the instrument, play several chords, and how to strum. No musical knowledge or background needed. This workshop takes place at Leawood Pioneer Library and is lead by KC Rock Band & Guitar.
- On Sunday partake in the ever popular Touch-a-Truck event at the Overland Park Convention Center. Kids of all ages can sit, stand and get behind the wheels of over 40 giant trucks and large vehicles. Entry is FREE with a minimum donation of a new, unwrapped toy or cash offering for Toys for Tots. Along with fire trucks, military vehicles, combines and unusual trucks, bouncy houses and a variety of other family-friendly activities can be found at the sixth annual event, including a craft area for kids.