More than 300 people attended this year’s Northeast Johnson County Chamber of Commerce Annual Gala at the Overland Park Marriott Saturday night.
The event honored several area businesses and inaugurated the Dale Warman Award for volunteer service. KCTV5 News anchor Brad Stephens was the master of ceremonies for the event.
Warman, a retired KCP&L employee, served as a volunteer police officer, Prairie Village council member and started the International Lineman’s Rodeo which draws 5,000 people from around the world to compete in utility lineman activities.
The fundraiser also featured a silent auction with 120 items and a live auction with 17.
The award winners:
- First National Bank in Fairway,Corporate Business of the Year.
- Twisted Sisters Coffee Shop in Mission, Small Business of the Year
- Nothing Bundt Cakes in Mission, New Business of the Year
- Kevin Wright of Google Fiber, Ambassador of the Year
- Jennifer Pantoja of Hampton Inn & Suites in Merriam, Dale Warman Volunteer of the Year.
Kim Huyett of the University of Kansas Medical Center was named the Chamber’s new chair for 2017. She succeeds Ed O’Connor of PC Partners.