The Shawnee Mission Post and the Johnson County Public Policy Council will host a candidate forum Oct. 8 at Colonial Church in Prairie Village. The forum will feature candidates for state representative, state senate and state school board.
The forum will begin at 8 a.m. and run to approximately noon. The forum is planned to include three separate sessions – one for senate, one for state representative and one for state school board candidates.
The forum will be moderated by Brian Brown, chair of the Northeast Johnson County legislative committee.
The Johnson County Public Policy Council includes the Northeast Johnson County Chamber of Commerce, the Leawood Chamber of Commerce and the Overland Park Chamber of Commerce.
Questions for the morning will be provided by the Council and by Shawnee Mission Post.
The following candidates have been invited to participate in the forum:
- State Senate District 6 – Pat Pettey and Jason Conley
- State Senate District 7 – Megan England and Barbara Bollier
- State Senate District 10 – Vicki Hiatt and Mary Pilcher Cook
- State Representative District 19 – Elizabeth Meitl, Stephanie Clayton and John Taube
- State Representative District 21 – Jerry Stogsdill and Dorothy Hughes
- State Representative District 24 – Jarrod Ousley and Rob Johnson
- State Representative District 25 – Matt McCann and Melissa Rooker
- State Board of Education District 2 – Chris Cindric and Steve Roberts