A spring tradition for the SM East and Prairie Village communities returns on Saturday as the 15th annual Earth Fair returns to the high school’s grounds.
This year’s fair theme is “May the Earth Be With You — Come to the Green Side,” and will include a number of presentations “to help attendees connect what they learn to immediate actions they can take” to support the environment.
Additionally, the fair will include:
- An electric and hybrid car show
- Exhibitors showing off environmentally-friendly business initiatives
- Food from vendors Prairie Fire Oven, Cajun Cabin and Polar Oasis
- Live animals from Operation Wildlife and the SM East Environmental Education program
- Arts and crafts for kids
- Yoga instruction by Yoga Patch at 11 a.m., noon, 1 p.m. and 2 p.m.
- Live music from the Green Swing Band, the Belinder Elementary Choir, Soular, Josh King, Victor Dougherty, and Songwriters Circle.
- The SM East Used Book Sale.
As always, the event is free and open to the public. Doors will open at 10 a.m. with the fair running until 3 p.m. You can find out more here.