Yet another ranking of Kansas municipalities paints a rosy picture of northeast Johnson County.
Zippia, a website focused on careers and places to work, released a list of the “Ten Happiest Places in Kansas” this week, and put two northeast Johnson County cities among the best of the best.
Leawood came in second in the rankings, with Prairie Village at number four. Shawnee was the only other Johnson County municipality among the top ten, coming in at number ten.
Here’s how Zippia described its criteria for the rankings:
So what else besides money contributes to your happiness? Well we think the following certainly do:
- Being well educated (Population with at least a bachelor’s degree)
- Having a job (As measured by the unemployment rate)
- A short commute to work (God do people hate traffic)
- Low cost of living
- Having a family (Getting, and staying married, has a ton of happiness benefits, on average)
- Owning a home (That’s a big plus)
- And the poverty rate (Money definitely helps out)
The site compared data for the 60 biggest Kansas cities. Roeland Park came in 13 on the list. Mission was 26.
You can see the full rankings here.