Patrons evacuated from Prairie Village Big Biscuit after fire

PVBBiscuit
Photo courtesy Jane Emley.

Dozens of early afternoon diners were forced from the Big Biscuit near the intersection of 95th Street and Nall Avenue in Prairie Village on Sunday after a fire broke out by the restaurant entrance.

Consolidated Fire District No. 2 Chief Tony Lopez said a small blaze started in a patch of mulch outside the main entrance, which restaurant workers were able to put out with a fire extinguisher. But the blaze put off a considerable amount of smoke, which was drawn inside the building. Lopez said smoke eventually started coming into the main dining area through the ceiling tiles, prompting the evacuation.

Lopez said the cause of the external blaze had yet to be determined, but that a cigarette may have been to blame.

Lopez said the blaze didn’t cause serious damage or pose a major threat. By 1:40 p.m. Sunday, just one truck remained on scene.

Big_Biscuit_Fire_Okay
Photo courtesy Ryan Ressler via Twitter.