Well, gang, one of the surest signs that summer is almost gone has arrived: Reduced pool hours go into effect this week at a number of northeast Johnson County pools:
- Starting today, the Prairie Village Pool will be open Monday through Friday 4:30-8:30 p.m. It will be open 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- Mission starts its reduced pool hours today as well. The pool will be closed Monday through Thursday, open Friday from 4 to 8 p.m., open Saturday from noon to 8 p.m., and open Sunday from noon to 6 p.m.
- Merriam is moving to its reduced pool hours, too. The pool will be closed Monday through Friday, and then open noon to 8 p.m. Saturday and noon to 7 p.m. Sunday. Check out their schedule here.
- Fairway starts its end-of-season hours this week as well. When Shawnee Mission Schools are in session, the pool will be closed Monday through Thursday. On Friday, the pool will be open 4 to 8 p.m. On Saturday and Sunday, the pool will be open 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- The Roeland Park Aquatic Center, however, is keeping its normal summer schedule, with both lap and open swim times all week long. Schedule is here.