Kansas City favorites Lonnie and Ronald McFadden will bring their high spirited vocal and dancing talents to Prairie Village this fall as headliners of the 2015 Prairie Village Jazz Festival.
The duo, fixtures of the Kansas City jazz scene who have made a name for themselves on the national stage as well, will be joined by the Kansas City Jazz Orchestra. Here’s a look at the duo performing “Kansas City” on New Year’s Eve a few years ago:
Beloved Kansas City jazz singer Angela Hagenbach will precede the McFadden Brothers on stage. Here’s a look at Hagenbach performing “You Turned the Tables on Me” in Santa Monica, Cal., in 2010:
This year’s full line up will be as follows:
- SM East Blue Knights (2:30-3 p.m.)
- Peter Schlamb Quartet (3:20-4:10 p.m.)
- Tyrone Clark and True Dig (4:30-5:20 p.m.)
- Horacescope (5:40-6:30 p.m.)
- Matt Kane and the Kansas City Generations Sextet (6:50-7:40 p.m.)
- Angela Hagenbach (8-8:55 p.m.)
- The McFadden Brothers with the Kansas City Jazz Orchestra (9:15-10:30 p.m.)
The sixth annual Prairie Village Jazz Festival will be Saturday, Sept. 12 at Harmon Park.
This year’s Jazz Festival committee is holding a beer tasting fundraiser at Johnny’s at Corinth Square this Friday. The admission price of $15 at the door include a five beer tasting flight and appetizers.