Representatives from more than 200 colleges and thousands of local parents, students and educators will pack the halls of SM East Wednesday for the 52nd annual Shawnee Mission College Clinic.
Here’s what you need to know before heading to 7500 Mission Road:
- The event will run from 6:30-8:30 p.m. and is free and open to all high school students.
- The entrance to the SM East senior lot off Mission Road will not be open for the event until 6 p.m. After the Mission Road lot opens, parking there will be on a first come, first served basis.
- Additional parking will be available in the Prairie Village Aquatic Center lot off Delmar; in the commercial complex at 7455 Mission Road (the northeast corner of the 75th and Mission intersection); and the SM East junior lot of 75th Street.
- Attendees will not be permitted to park in the Prairie Village Municipal Building and Police Department lots. The police may issue a ticket to unauthorized cars parking there.
- If you don’t want to deal with traffic on site, you can park at Brighton Gardens (71st Street and Mission Road) and take a shuttle bus to the clinic. The shuttle bus will run continuously will departures about every 15 minutes.
- Most of the colleges on hand will have representatives in the informal browsing areas in the main and auxiliary gyms. Schools with names starting with letters from the first half of the alphabet will be in the main gym (toward the north). Schools in the second half of the alphabet will be in the auxiliary gym (toward the south).
- Eighteen schools will be offering detailed presentations in classrooms and theatres throughout the school. Each of these schools will be starting new presentations at 6:40, 7:10, 7:40 and 8:05 p.m.
- This year the clinic will also feature a presentation by the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) for students wanting to learn more about playing sports at the college level. The NAIA presentations (which will start at the same time as the school presentations listed above) will be in room 309.
You can find a list of all the schools that will be on hand as well as the rooms of the schools with presentations in the overview document below: