This week’s issue of The Pitch features the publication’s annual “Best of KC” list, giving shout outs to the best shops, entertainment destinations, restaurants and more in the greater metro area.
Several northeast Johnson County people and places made the list, from the “Best Suburb” category to the incredibly crowded, competitive and deep “Best Neighborhood Journalists,” category*.
- Cafe Provence: Best Desserts
- Story’s Carl Thorne Thomsen: Best Chef
- Q39, founded by PV resident Rob Magee: Best New Barbeque Restaurant
- Julep, founded by SM East grad Beau Williams: Best New Bar
- Jay Senter and Dan Blom, Prairie Village Post: Best Neighborhood Journalists
- Antioch Park: Best Park
- Prairie Village: Best Suburb (First place)
- Ward Parkway Lanes: Best Bowling Alley (First place)
- Prairie Village pool: Best Public Pool (First place)
- Brookside Optical: Best Local Eyewear Store (First place)
- Rainy Day Books: Best Local Bookstore (First place)
- Bijin Salon & Spa: Best Massage (Second place), and Best Spa (Second place)
- Fairway Animal Hospital: Best Veterinarian (Second place)
- Dolce Bakery: Best Bakery (First place)
- BRGR: Best Burger (Second place)
- Cafe Provence: Best French Restaurant (Third place), Best Place for a Romantic Dinner (Third place)
- Stroud’s: Best Fried Chicken (First place)
*Seriously, thanks to The Pitch’s staff for the recognition. We love covering NEJC.