The Barn Players have announced six shows for its 2014 season. This will be the 59th consecutive season for the community theater which is based on Martway in Mission across from Sylvester Powell Community Center.
The season kicks off on Feb. 28 and runs through Nov. 27. The first play is “Bloody, Bloody Andrew Jackson,” a comedy spoof of the life and times of the seventh American president. Other shows this sea on include:
- “Follies” – Starts April 28. Set in 1971 as a reunion of ex-follies performers. It features songs by Stephen Sondheim and one of the largest casts in Barn Players history.
- “August: Osage County” – Starts May 30. A major new play that exposes the dark side of the American family.
- “Noises Off” – Starts July 18. A farce with a cast of performers rehearsing a play called “Nothings On.”
- “Hair” – Starts Sept. 19. The rock classic set in the late 60s and early 70s.
- “La Cage Aux Follies” – Starts Nov. 7. A revived show about two men partnered for over 20 years facing twists and turns.
The Barn Players also have announced plays to be included in the sixth annual 6X10 Play Festival on Dec. 13-15. The festival features six original plays by local playwrights that each last 10 minutes. The six plays are:
- “Derek Jeter and the Blonde in the Tight Black Skirt with the Shiny Things on it” by Mark Bonavia
- “The Birthday” by Teresa Leggard
- “The Changemaster” by Sofiana Overa
- “Finding Amelia” by Amanda Petefish-Schray
- “Wishing Well” by Elissa Schrader
- “Bad Karma” by Mary Saluto Wilkens