Johnson County Community College accepting applications for vacant board seat

If you would like to serve on the Johnson County Community College Board, there is an opening. The board is accepting applications to fill the seat that was held by Melody Rayl until her recent resignation. Applicants must be Johnson County residents.

JCCC_LogoHere are the details from the college:
Persons interested in the position are asked to submit an application and a resume to Johnson County Community College, Attn: President’s Office, 12345 College Blvd., Overland Park, Kan. 66210, or Applications may be picked up in room 112 of the General Education Building (GEB) on campus and may also be found online beginning Aug. 16.

The process and timeline are below:
·        Applications to fill Rayl’s vacancy on the JCCC board of trustees will be accepted until 5 p.m. Sept. 6.
• The board will review the applications and narrow them to a list of final candidates at a special meeting preceding their regular monthly meeting Sept. 26. The special meeting will begin at 3:30 p.m. and the regular meeting will begin at 5 p.m.
• The trustees will interview the candidates and make their selection at a special meeting starting at 4 p.m. on Oct. 1.
• The successful candidate will be seated at the board’s next regular monthly meeting on Oct. 17.

The applicant chosen by the board will serve the remainder of Rayl’s term, which expires June 30, 2017.