With a tentative timeline set for the Mission Chateau project to go before the Prairie Village planning commission and city council for approval votes, members of the Mission Valley Neighbors Association are again organizing to publicly oppose the proposed senior living community.
Last week, the group’s board sent the following message to its members:
STAY THE COURSE!!! If we remain united, focused and resolute- WE CAN WIN!!
Worried developers hope to wear down citizen opposition. But instead of wearing us down they allow the Planning Commission and City Council more time to realize the massive disaster of this proposed development.
Remember, once approved, the Mission Valley site will change forever. A few more weeks or even months of concerted opposition can save our home values, neighborhoods and city character, forever. PLEASE remember we have had many victories along the way. The most recent was the passage of a protest petition for special use permits. This increases the number of council votes to approve a special use permit from 7 to 10.
You can help by:
- Attending the May 7 Planning Commission public hearing — 7:00 Village Presbyterian Church -6641 Mission Road. Citizens’ attendance reflects support.
- Donate for the expenses that are mounting — signage, research, legal fees and more.
- Write your Council Members to tell them you do not support the plan.
- Volunteer your time during this critical time.
- To donate or volunteer call (913-648-6449) or hit “reply”.
THIS IS THE HOME STRETCH!! WE MUST KEEP UP THE PRESSURE!! KEEP THE MOMENTUM GOING!!
The public hearing on the proposal is set to open at the May 7 planning commission meeting.