- For households that requested a 65 gallon cart: When using the 65 gallon cart you are allowed to set out one (1) additional bag of trash per week.
- For households that requested a 48 gallon cart: When using the 48 gallon cart you are allowed to set out two (2) additional bags of trash per week
- For households that declined to receive a cart: If you declined the cart, you may continue to use your own trash cans. Not to exceed 96 total gallons.
Additional information from the city’s website:
After January 1, 2012, if you need to set out more trash than the 96 gallon maximum per household per week, you can purchase tags for $1.25 from Fairway City Hall or the Fairway Hen House to affix to your additional trash bags above the 96 gallon limit.
Without the tags your additional trash bags (over 96 total gallons) will not be collected. Households will be allowed to set out more than 96 gallons of trash at no additional cost two (2) designated collection days per year:
- The collection day the week after July 4 (July 9, 2012)
- The collection day in between Christmas and New Year’s Day (Dec. 31, 2012).
Trash needs to be out on the curb by 6:30 a.m. Mondays to be collected. Town and Country will collect trash on all Mondays — even on holidays — without exception.