Will it be hot this weekend? The chances are strong. To quite strong.
But in my opinion the best way to combat the heat is to attack it head-on. Which is why you should tear yourself from the cool comfort of your air-conditioned homes to check out these events this weekend:
Friday, July 23:
- Gus Acoustic plays on the patio at BRGR from 9 p.m. to midnight (no admission cost)
- The Grisly Hand and Echo of the Elms play on the lawn of the Nerman Museum at JCCC at 8:30 (no admission cost)
Saturday, July 24:
- The Wideonwood French Market under the clocktown at the Village Shops starts at 8:30 a.m.
Sunday, July 25:
- The city of Fairway will host the Wiseguys, who play “smokin’ rhythm and blue and rock n’ roll, at Peterson Park from 6 to 8 p.m.
- The Prairie Village pool will host the 51st annual Water Show performance by the local synchronized swimming team at 8:30 p.m. This year’s theme is “Aqua Theatre” and will feature music from popular musicals.