Citizens for Higher Education, a business group promoting the idea that a strong higher education system fuels economic growth for the state, has released its list of endorsements for the 2012 Kansas legislature races.
The group says candidates were endorsed “based on recommendations from higher education and legislative leaders, and the candidates’ positions on issues of importance to the state’s public universities and community colleges.”
Endorsements in local races are as follows:
- Senate District 7: Kay Wolf (R) and Kyle Russell (D)
- House District 19: Stephanie Clayton (R) and Zachary Luea (D)
- House District 20: Mark Read (R)
- House District 21: Barbara Bollier (R)
- House District 25: Melissa Rooker (R)
The primary election is Tuesday, Aug. 7.